App development or application development is the process of creating a computer program or a set of programs to perform the different tasks that a business requires. From calculating monthly expenses to scheduling sales reports, applications help businesses automate processes and increase efficiency. Every app-building process follows the same steps: gathering requirements, designing prototypes, testing, implementation, and integration.
1. Custom App Development
When off-the-shelf software doesn’t meet specific business requirements, the best option is to go custom. Hire developers to build apps for you, or build on your own with do-it-yourself tools.
2. Rapid App Development
The RAD (Rapid App Development) model follows an incremental approach. You can simultaneously develop the individual modules of the application to enable faster delivery of the final product.
3. Low-Code App Development
Low-code platforms include intuitive visual interfaces that make it easy to build and launch apps, even for non-programmers. You can drag and drop snippets of code and modify them, based on business logic, to design automated workflows.
4. Mobile App Development
Mobile app development is the process of creating apps that run on any mobile platform: Android and iOS. With everything you need right at your fingertips, you can track inventory or make instant updates from your phone.
5. DataBase App Development
Database applications are designed to collect, organize, and manage information efficiently. They’re used to sort data by criteria, perform calculations, create reports, and share information with team members.
6. Enterprise App Development
Enterprise applications are a type of software developed to cater to large-scale organizations. They support enterprise-grade features, like massive data storage and automation of complex business processes.
7. Web App Development
Web applications are software developed for a specific purpose, hosted on a web server. They can be accessed using any internet-enabled device, like phones, laptops, and desktops. Some examples of web applications are online banking sites, eCommerce websites, and social networks.
Importance of Cross-Platform Technologies
The concept of cross-platform app development has become increasingly popular in the last few years. Cross-platform technologies allow developers to write code just once before releasing it to all platforms, including iOS, Android, and Windows. This means that instead of writing a fresh code for each individual platform, app developers can reuse the same code. This helps to save time and cut down on repetitive tasks.
Cross-platform app development can also help businesses control costs. Companies now only need to make one investment to create an app instead of having to use numerous tools and technologies to accommodate all platforms. When cross-platform app development is used, end users can benefit from consistency. The app should look the same on all devices, regardless of whether the user is on an Android phone or an iPad.
This first stage involves completing a business analysis and creating a mobile strategy. A business analysis, marketer, and project manager are usually involved.
In this next stage, a technical writer is responsible for describing all technical details and requirements.
In the prototyping phase, the sketch, wireframes, and app skins are created. This is usually completed by a UX/UI designer.
This phase includes front-end and back-end coding segments and is performed by developers.
During the quality assurance phase, tech requirements are tested and the device capability is reviewed to ensure that the app is working as it should.
Finally, the app is published in the app store. Maintenance is provided on an ongoing basis as updates, new releases and new bugs arise.
Front End vs. Back End Development
During the coding process, developers encounter two main types of paths: front end and back end. What is the difference between these two concepts? Front-end developers focus on how an app looks, while back-end developers focus on how an app works. For example, if you were building an app, the front-end developer would be in charge of creating the theme, style, presentation, and images.
This is also commonly referred to as user interface & user experience (UI/UX). Generally, the UI is managed by front-end developers, while the UX is managed by back-end developers. Many app development professionals today are referred to as “full-stack” developers since they perform work on both the front and back ends.
Features of App Development
- Usability First- High-quality app creating is very crucial. The app should be innovative, informative, and easy to navigate. It should focus on interaction and simplicity, be not complicated, and include the things that are expected.
- Push Notifications – Using simple notifications/messages is the most essential feature for direct communication with your customers by applying a device. It is used for reporting on new features, sending promotional offers that drive engagement and monetization opportunities
- Feedback System- Feedback providing is critical to garner a reputation. Let users report bugs, complaints, or suggestions, then give them feedback about the further improvements and fixes by using an open forum. It will be appreciated that their propositions are heard and accepted. It leads to enhancing trust and credibility.
- Social Integration- Social integration is a necessary feature in brands and consumers connecting within the application ecosystem. Integrating with social channels simplifies the signing up process by retrieving information from the channel, allowing users to share posts about various events to remain users engaged with the app.
- Customization- By customizing content, layout, system functionality, the experience can be tailored to meet the user’s needs. Items can be moved around an interface to prioritize the user’s taste, interesting topics can be selected and colors, fonts, and other factors related to the visual design can be altered.
Google In-door Maps- It is a relatively new feature that allows users to navigate within indoor locations (malls, libraries, museums, or sports venues). The Indoor-maps feature is useful for finding the shortest route to a particular store within a mall or navigating a large museum, finding the closest restaurants, or coffee shops, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does an app cost?
This is the most common question app development companies get asked and the answer is never simple. App Development costs depend on the following
- How complicated is your app?
- Most expensive features
- Android and iOS options
- Ongoing costs and updates
- Continuous improvement plans
- Project/payment milestones
2. How will the Project be managed?
Throughout the process of working on an app development project, there are a number of stages or phases no matter who you’re working with:
- Researching & writing a brief
- Design & development time
- Staging & deployment
- Continuous improvement plans
- Ongoing support & maintenance.
3. How often should I update the app?
Typically, successful apps with many active users will be updated up to four times a month. The most important thing to mention here is the differences between these updates. Which will always differ depending on the complexity of what you’re trying to do.
4. Why should we use Saffron Chariot over another agency?
Our clients use us because of our broad capabilities to successfully deliver complex app and online portal development projects. If you have big ideas, find yourself with complex problems, and want the very best from an agency, then Saffron Chariot can help.
5. Can you build apps for both iOS and Android?
Yes, most of the apps we make support both iOS and Android mobile platforms. It’s common for people to want their applications to work across web and mobile devices, so we use different development frameworks that enable us to quickly support both platforms.
6. Will I own the source code?
Yes, you will be assigned appropriate copyright or license rights for the bespoke code that Saffron Chariot writes for your project. We are transparent with intellectual property rights, and you will have the opportunity to review our code ownership terms before the project begins.
Considered the best app development company in Chandigarh offering the best mobile app development services in Chandigarh, Saffron Chariot Technologies provides a comprehensive range of flexible app development services. Their app development services are built around the different factors affecting customers’ requirements. With their rejuvenating expert designers, they develop an advanced technology application rich in functioning and at an optimal cost. In addition to that, they also help you in making your app development strategy stronger by building high-quality cross-platform mobile apps for both Ios and Android